Thursday 14 February 2013

The best room in the house


This is, by far, my favourite room in the house.

Miss R's room was dreamt up in my mind while I was pregnant. I knew exactly what I wanted it to look like, the problem was I didn't know the gender.

I had an inkling she might be a girl but I was reluctant to start on these projects if she turned out to be a boy. So I held off. I painted the room (a shade lighter than H-bombs room) and a chest of draws and that was about it.

Sheer delight...She was a girl! I got started on her room with a new enthusiasm and she officially graduated into her own room at three and a half months. She moved out of her little bassinet in our room which was really lovely but it was equally nice to have our bedroom back!

I love the retro arm chair from Vinnies, the tissue paper pom poms (difficult to stop at four!) and the special photo wall, made with cards from friends or photos of Miss R's temporary home for 9mths and her birthday. 

I am particularly in love with the painted salvo's chest of drawers ($20!!) complete with vintage door knobs, which matches the old wood crate which houses some gorgeous crochet rugs that I just couldn't walk by at the local oppie.

Miss R has been gifted with some lovely handmade things including a beautiful crochet rug (thanks Aunt Judy), a beautiful owl quilt (thanks Mum) and her own special handmade doll (Thanks Shell). 

I found the perfect wall for the the Japanese prints that were a steal at $1. 
And of course, the bunting made by ME! I even had some leftover fabric to recover a lampshade. I just love that everything in this room is second hand or handmade! It's not everyone's cup of tea but it certainly puts a smile on my face. 

Here are some pics of her little sleeping space.









   


3 comments:

  1. So much love in that room! Love it Taleah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why this is your favourite space.
    It looks amazing with your decorating. I love the fact that so much of it is op-shopped.
    I bet you're dreaming up new things to sew- cushions, curtains etc.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Especially the blue dresser! :)
    Looks wonderful! :) And love all the handmade goodies in there too!

    ReplyDelete