Monday 7 April 2014

Blogging 2.0 {Restart}

Somewhere along the way of this little blogging journey; I got lost. I lost my rhythm & my motivation. I toyed with throwing in the towel. The longer I went without a post, the harder it got to actually write one. Months went by along with zillions of posts that never made it to paper. So to speak. 

True to form, I tried to find peace in setting goals for this little blog. I will create a new blog header; that is sure to fuel the motivation, right? Much like getting new running clothes is supposed to ignite the love of running. I settled on a goal of one post per week but I didn't even get started.

Still, the thought of shutting it down completely did not sit right with me.

So here's what I have decided. I am re-launching this little space today. No fanfare, nothing crazy. Just going to start with one little post and see how I go. What I am going to do though, or not do, as it may be; is promote my posts. See, I think I got a bit daunted when I highlighted a new post on facey or insty or twitter. I became too aware of who might or might not be reading. I got caught up with censoring what I wrote or adjusting it for a certain audience. It lost me in the process.

You see, I read blogs about writing blogs. It seems the most successful blogs are those that have a clear focus & stick to it. There are lifestyle, food, fitness, parenting, craft, business & fashion blogs. I'm not sure what my blog niche is*. I let that get in the way before. This time I'm simply going to write about whatever I feel like, whenever I like. 

So apologies to those that subscribed to my blog previously**, who have been patiently waiting for a blog post. It's finally here.



*although we can clearly rule out that it is not a fashion blog.
**pretty sure it was just my husband and mother in law. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey I subscribe!!! I adore your blog (+ new header!!) xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I subscribe too! Love the new header! :) And it's nice to see you back and hear your voice again!
    I'm in a similar boat.. deleted my facebook page a few months back and have left the blog alone for awhile... but I'm itching to write.. but write the way I started it 4 years ago NOT the way it became :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Taleah, so much of what you write resonates with me- as a mum, as a wife, as a christian, as a crafter. Write about whatever the heck you like- I'll be reading! I love your blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete