Wednesday 7 May 2014

Ignorance is NOT bliss

This little saying rubs me up the wrong way. I'm trying to actually think of a time or situation where ignorance - the condition of being uneducated, unaware or uninformed, is bliss -a state of extreme happiness.

A few months ago I had a revelation. I have been put here on this earth at this time for a purpose. I need to keep my body fit & strong in order to see this purpose fulfilled. That means, that I have started to think more about what we put into and onto our bodies. You may have heard me talk about it here. This goes for my family also, my kids have a significant purpose in this life and they need to be fit & strong to carry it through to completion.

It started a significant journey for us. A journey towards simple eating & simple living; getting back to wholefoods & real eating and ridding our house of chemicals which we have come to accept as ‘the norm’.
Our food journey started by watching a few simple documentaries & being around people who are on a similar journey*
These docos are a great starting point. I encourage you to find out for yourself.


I’m not going to pretend that I’m an expert of any kind. I’ve literally watched a few documentaries, researched some things and made a few changes wherever I could. I’m just a mum, trying her best to set her family up for success by making small changes. Over the next few weeks, I’ll highlight a few changes that we’ve made.

Once you know, you can’t un-know. Awareness demands a response.

Have you watched these docos? I’d love to hear if you’ve made any changes to the way you live after watching them?


*Thank you Jess for answering all my annoying questions. Check out this girl’s 
blog for someone who is a little further down the track than me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment